New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Proclaim My Name Boldly!

God shared this message with me one time at a church service. It was during a time of prayer among the church and my husband and I were visiting. We all went to the front of the room and were praying and the pastor asked us to speak aloud whatever words God may give us for the church. I was praying and truly heard God tell me to say: "tell them to 'proclaim my name boldly'!"

I didn't say anything. We were just visiting and it seemed out of 'turn' to speak aloud during this time of prayer and meditation, as a visitor. After the service as we were all filing out of the room this very young woman approached me. She introduced herself and quite bluntly but lovingly asked: "Did God give you some word for us?"

My eyes grew big as plates and I said, "Well...actually...yes, He did."

"What did He say?" she asked me.

"Proclaim my name boldly!" I told her exactly as God had stated.

That was our brief exchange. I did explain to her, after she asked, why I didn't feel I should speak it aloud. She didn't judge me or 'scold' me thankfully, because I am not receptive to that kind of "encouragement". Instead she just took the information, smiled and thanked me.

I thought I had learned God's lesson about this...but this morning as our church prayed corporately together, God once again gave me words to speak, and again...I didn't speak them aloud.

God's words to me, His prayer for our church today was a simple but vital reminder that we did NOT choose Him, but He chose us. God continued from this lesson in John 15 and said that He is the vine and we are the branches and His desire is that we bear good fruit! He is prepared to 'cut from the vine' that which is NOT bearing good fruit.

This comes at such a vital time in our church, as we step out to be a church that truly does impact our community through love and service. I didn't 'withhold' this information out of anything other then fear resulting in Satan's victory to 'shush' anyone who is speaking God's truth! I like to think of myself as someone capable and willing to be used by God...in whatever way He chooses to use me. I pray that God would make it so uncomfortable for me to remain quiet that I would be "forced" to move forward and speak the very words He asks me to share. The obedience of this action is more important than the words to my church.

I know this test will come again and I pray that when it does, I will not be silent anymore.

Forgive me today Father for knowing what I know and doing what I did.

Sunday Words
John 15:16-17 "You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. This I command you, that you love one another."

6 comments:

the voice said...

Hi Kim! I can relate on not speaking up. I think your right in that it turns into a victory for Satan. I have gotten much better when that situation comes up during service, meetings or retreats. I think it's that fear of saying something stupid. I have found that when you are given the chance to speak or pray, it helps to do it right away, rather than wait for others to go first. That way the fear doesn't get a chance to take hold. Good luck, and I will pray for you. God bless you today, Ken

someone else said...

I believe that sometimes the hesitation can be from God and NOT Satan. There are times it's better to remain silent even when we think we have something vital to say. It's possible that Satan can use other people to make you feel like you failed God. He's tricky that way too. There have been times when I was sure I had something so important to say and I spoke out and it didn't do any good, especially as a visitor. Other times, I've remained silent and someone else has actually expressed my thought in a much more eloquent way. So don't be too hard on yourself. God uses silences too. And He speaks in many ways through dedicated people like you, Kim.

kpjara said...

Thank you to both of you for prayers and reassurance.

I do know God will always find a way to get His message to people and I do think, for me, it becomes more about obedience, then the msg itself.

HeyJules said...

I sure understand where your fear kept you quiet because it is hard to say to others, "Yeah, over here...I've got a message from the Lord for ya..." but KP, that's exactly what it was and next time, girl, SPEAK UP! Don't you let Satan win that war a third time. Be brave and be His voice!

absonjourney said...

next time step on your husband. i appreciate the word and i hear the same thing. may God guide us in the days ahead
abs

GiBee said...

Oh, I've been there too!!! And I've carried the guilt of not speaking up...