New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ramblin' Snapdragon?

It seems there was a song…Ramblin’ Rose…do you recall? When I Google it…it shows Nat King Cole as the artist. It’s totally unrelated…but then this whole post is nothing but random rambling (I took the advice of this friend)…so maybe it actually is related.

I had to change MY title to Ramblin’ Snapdragon because of this little test I took. Have you done it? Which FLOWER are you? This was mine.


You Are a Snapdragon: Mischief is your middle name, but your first is friend. You are quite the prankster that loves to make other people laugh.”


I am a
Snapdragon


What Flower
Are You?




At first I thought…cool! I like that flower…it’s different and it makes me laugh the way you can push it’s ‘jaw’ and make it laugh or talk. I remembered seeing sites that describe what flowers ‘mean’ so I surfed over to a site…and the snapdragon apparently means “deception” “gracious lady” and “strength”.

As I traveled to other ‘flower meaning sites’ looking for a BETTER answer; the one shared word was always deception! WHAT! So I suppose I’ll accept the translation above…mischievous, a prankster that loves to make other people laugh…as long as you’re not ALWAYS laughing AT me.

Now go find out your flower too! I’ll expect to read your ‘finds’.

I also took another test. It’s the “What’s Your Theological Worldview?” It was interesting and I wasn’t the least bit surprised by my ‘rating’.

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

57%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

54%

Classical Liberal

50%

Modern Liberal

50%

Neo orthodox

46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%

Roman Catholic

29%

Fundamentalist

14%

Reformed Evangelical

11%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com



While I'm posting random ramblin...I also realized I didn’t share any details about our craft show so I’ll do some of that now…the most popular items at our craft show were….drumrolllll please……………

#3: The miniature tiara I bought at Hobby Lobby (a Christmas Ornament that was ½ off). They are darling. They have a small one (the one I picked up) which is about 4” across and they have one about 6” across as well.

#2: I also picked up these little miniature parlor chairs that have animal print seats (also ½ off Christmas Ornaments from Hobby Lobby) to set our business cards in….they were well handled and inquired about.

#1: But…the most popular item was the large diamond ring paperweight (SSSHHH: I also went ahead and ordered the keyring for my niece and it's like a smaller version of that GIANT diamond paperweight) that I actually got for my sister for Christmas (I don’t think she’s been in the blogdom lately…so I think I’m safe posting this)…she loves blingy things and it SCREAMED her name and it was only like $10.00 at ABC distributing. I’m not exaggerating when I say that every single person that approached our table handled this little treat. Probably 10 asked how much it was…and all were disappointed to learn it was not for sale, nor was it a bracelet as many suspected.

Mothers’ be proud. Many an up and coming daughter stated proudly: “this is the kind of engagement ring I want, Mommy!” Those mothers walked away proud of the high standards their own offspring had set for matrimony, though also laughing internally I’m certain. One more mature mother stated her daughter had initially stated the same thing…but had settled for the exact opposite. I reminded her love was way more important than money and she scoffed at me (out loud!) and headed off.

The people proclaiming it to be a bracelet did try to put it on…I’m thinking that point would hurt pushing down onto the top of your wrist…but I just suppressed my giggles and explained it was a paperweight and just for ‘show’. They weren’t happy. I was initially worried someone might steal it, but trust me it would have blinded them on their attempted flight.

The most popular item actually ‘sold’ was the angel earrings my mother made. They really are darling and if I ever remember I’ll post a pic of these earrings. If I don’t get the pics done soon…our web page should be complete by the end of October!

My brother (pastor turned writer and techy), is the REAL computer guru who will be implementing the initial webpage. Okay…in fairness he actually implemented it when he was out in the spring…but it’s lacking pictures and an order form…so it was just the bones and I willingly admit I’m not HTML fluent…so it has sat for months…waiting for his expertise and ease with all hardware and software things.

I’m about half way caught up at work, which isn’t too bad actually. The days are still flying by…it’s already Wednesday and I’m off in my quest to get this work down to a manageable pile by Friday!

Have a Wednesday that blooms with beauty!

7 comments:

Just Me said...

Hey SnapDragon Girl....well I'm like you - feel a bit like I'm just 'rambling' these days - so many little things, all adding up to a full week/month/ life! I'll have to try the quiz and find out what kind of theologcial flower I am too . And so glad to hear alittle more on the craft fair - I wondered how you did!! Can't wait for the pictures! You mom's angel earings sound sweet - I LOVE angel stuff!

Shalee said...

Your time at the sale sounds fun! That's one of the things I loved about manning a table at a craft show - meeting and seeing all sorts of interesting people. And I love that you set that one mother straight, even if she did scoff at you. It's not the size of the ring that counts; it's the heart attached to it. Love, twu wuv, goes places that money can never find.

someone else said...

The sale sounds like great fun! And what could be better than getting to share the fun with your mother.

Dawn said...

It was fun to see that you took my advice! Randomness is so much fun.

I did the flower thing, but can't remember now what I am! But I love "talking" to my grandkids with snapdragons. They talk back to "Suzy Snapdragon". Such fun!

Check out our snowy day.

Aunt Murry said...

I took the test and mines up...Come one over...

Anonymous said...

I'm an echinacea!
Fun quiz! Thanks.
Sunydazy

Kari said...

I'm a snapdragon, too. I also have the diamond ring paperweight on my desk at work. And ABC distributing? That's my one-stop Christmas shop!!! We have to be related... somehow, somewhere along the way. Have a blessed day!