New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Black and White and Gray

I hate that as a woman my voice doesn’t always count.
I love that as a woman I am cherished.

I hate being the oldest in a group.
I love that I have wisdom from experience.

I hate that I can’t have what I want, when I want it.
I love that I have what I need, when I need it.

I hate that life on earth ends so soon.
I love that life in heaven is eternal.

I hate that someone else may have the same dreams I do.
I love that I don’t walk alone.

I hate that children go to bed hungry.
I love that they are alive another day.

I hate that I work in a dead end job.
I love that I have a job.

I hate ignorance.
I love seeking.

I hate that everything appears black and white.
I love that there is gray when the black and white collide.

No comments: