You all obviously know (because I've droned on and on about it) how much I love words and word play and all things associated. Here's some randomness in the form of "tongue twisters".
I remember vividly doing tongue twisters in English in grade school. What I read on the site referenced below, is that these are commonly used by speech pathologists. Maybe I missed my 'calling'...ya think?
Here are 25 of "MY PICKS" I tried to select the shorter ones just for brevity sake but there are oodles of them (including the piper, the bitter batter and of course the sea shells).
Don't hurt yourself trying these and if you do...for goodness sake, wipe the spit off your screen before you electrocute someone and let me know so I can laugh...WITH you not AT you! FASTER!!!!! FASTER!!!!!
1. Six sick slick slim sycamore saplings.
2. A box of biscuits, a batch of mixed biscuits
3. A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk,but the stump thunk the skunk stunk.
4. Red lorry, yellow lorry, red lorry, yellow lorry.
5. Unique New York.
6. Six thick thistle sticks. Six thick thistles stick.
7. Is this your sister's sixth zither, sir?
8. A big black bug bit a big black bear,made the big black bear bleed blood.
9. The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick.
10. Toy boat. Toy boat. Toy boat.
11. One smart fellow, he felt smart.Two smart fellows, they felt smart.Three smart fellows, they all felt smart.
12. Pope Sixtus VI's six texts.
13. I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
14. Mrs. Smith's Fish Sauce Shop.
15. "Surely Sylvia swims!" shrieked Sammy, surprised."Someone should show Sylvia some strokes so she shall not sink."
16. Three free throws.
17. Knapsack straps.
18. Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
19. Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.
20. Inchworms itching.
21. A noisy noise annoys an oyster.
22. The myth of Miss Muffet.
23. Friendly Frank flips fine flapjacks.
24. Vincent vowed vengeance very vehemently.
25. The epitome of femininity.
Happy VERBAL Friday Eve!