New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Empty-Headed

I haven’t had much to say lately…I’m honestly just observing and working through some ‘stuff’ so I’ll fill this space today with a Meme I found while surfing candidates for the Blogs of Beauty awards recently, and have since seen it in several places. I’m going to call it the “RIGHT THIS MOMENT” Meme.

BTW, congrats to those nominated for Blogs of Beauty there was some fierce competition!
Here goes nuttin’:

1. Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 18 and find line 4. When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: by Geneen Roth. “Be open to the outcome. Predict nothing. Be…”

2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can. What can you touch? The “stress” ball I have in my bookshelf here at work and some pads of scratch paper.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? Kyle XY.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 7:37 a.m.

5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 7:28 a.m.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? The ‘phone radio’ easy listening station playing: “He’s Not Heavy, He’s My Brother.” The air conditioner humming. The doors to the hallways opening and closing. The printer working. My fingers on the keyboard.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? When I got out of my car at 6:43 a.m. in the parking lot to come into the office.

8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Blogs I surf daily.

9. What are you wearing? Turquoise shirt, black capris, black sandals, my wedding ring and the bracelet my husband made for me.

10. Did you dream last night? Of course…I don’t remember it…but I dream EVERY night.

11. When did you last laugh? When I was “blog-surfing” for the “Blog’s of Beauty” vote and came across this blog…made me laugh, laugh, laugh! And listening to my niece chat about her babysitting antics when I picked her up last night.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? Beige paint…one of the physicians here doesn’t want anything on the walls…WHATeverrrrrr….Just 6 more months, just 6 more months….

13. Seen anything weird lately? Only people.

14. What do you think of this quiz? Interesting, very interesting…

15. What is the last film you saw? The Devil Wears Prada. It wasn’t nearly as good as I expected and frankly I think it will reinforce the eating disorders that exist for young women. I think it is far more harmful than The DaVinci Code…but that’s just my opinion!

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? Pay off all debt (including school debt) and give to church and family. Invest in charitable causes and open a quaint book store/coffee shoppe.

17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know. I’m one of the most versatile people (often mislabeled ‘bored easily’) I know and I consider it a strength.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do? Only one thing…good grief…that’s TOUGH…if I could only do ONE thing it would be end child abuse and suffering (physical, sexual and emotional abuse).

19. Do you like to dance? Of course!

20. George Bush: no comment.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl. What do you call her? Savannah Michelle

22. Imagine your first child is a boy. What do you call him? Diego (I AM serious)…okay the other name is: Bryce Diego

23. Would you ever consider living abroad? Anywhere but Africa or the Middle East…You know our deal God!!! LOL. Honestly, it would be a ‘burning bush’, but anywhere God said to go…I’d go with the hubs of course!

24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate? “Well done, good and faithful daughter! Welcome home Kim!”

25. 3 people who must also do this quiz in their blog: anyone looking for an outlet and lacking words perhaps?

My question to you today: What inspires you?

Have an inspired Tuesday!

1 comment:

Shalee said...

21... I think Shalee Michelle has a very nice ring to it. :)

And as to 12, if you move to KC, there are lots of things to blog about here...

And you inspire me Kim. So, see, you really need to keep blogging, even on those blah-to-blog days.