New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Welcome to the Matrix

Admittedly I’m a bit off the center mark and tend to walk in zigzag fashion throughout my life. No excuses, that’s the way I am and I like it! With that in mind…here is where my mind is traveling this morning, care to come for a ride?

Every once in awhile, perhaps when I have too much free time at work, or things are not going as I THINK they should…I begin to wonder…

What if it’s all a dream? What if this truly is like the Matrix? What if this is someone else’s dream world and I don’t even exist outside this plane? What then?

It could help explain some of my unexplainable behaviors…that would be nice, truly OUT of my control, not OUT of my mind. It could also help explain the waves of in-flux emotionalism I tend to ride throughout the week, day, minute! It could definitely explain why there is SO much I don’t understand about what’s going on around me…even to me!

On some level it would be freeing to know this is only reality in someone’s mind. Maybe it would even help alleviate some of my own stressors if I stop to think this is only a dream…it doesn’t really matter what you wear or if your hair looks right or if you make a fool of yourself…It’s all just a dream…

This is the “playground of my mind” today. If you’re here with me, shout out and let me know how you know it’s all real. What are the indicators in your life that prove to you we are not in a Matrix? What makes a life?

Now, I’m off to see the wizard...where are my ruby slippers?

9 comments:

the voice said...

Actually, we are in a "matrix", but it's Gods matrix, His reality for us. I believe there are real reasons for all the things we go through. It will be the topic of a future post sometime. All I can say is; keep learning! God bless you today, and thanks for the link to my site. Ken

kpjara said...

I'm looking forward to reading the post!

I'll work on the 'keep learning' part. It seems the more I learn, the more I need to learn...it seems I've read that somewhere?

someone else said...

Wow, I wish I had great words of wisdom for you. I don't. Your posts for the past several days are filled with very soul-searching thoughts, and it seems you're on some kind of mental journey. You'll get there, friend.

I know it's all real, but for me......I don't try to overanalyze my life. When I listen to too many sources and opinions as to how I should be living, it only confuses me more. My life has taken on a one-day-at-a-time approach, not because I thought that would be a good way to live, but because that was thrust upon me by external means. The wonderful books we read all have great wisdom and knowledge in them. But if we try to incorporate each of them into our lives, it's sort of like having too many cooks in the kitchen. Things get muddled. I don't do well when muddled, so I sift through what comes my way carefully, and if it doesn't fit for me, I discard it without guilt. When God speaks, I know it's Him.

Could your ups and downs be hormonal? I don't say that trying to be funny. It's a real question.

God bless you this day!

kpjara said...

As much as I HATE to even put it out there...PRIDE you know...it is LARGELY hormonal.

Sometimes it feels a bit like the images I've seen of autism. I have such moments of clarity and fluidity (is that a word) and other hours of black sludge in my mind.

Thank GOD, with the hormones comes incredible conversation with Him and creative surges...the cost, so far...is worth it.

Shalee said...

I'm with the voice on this one. We're in His world. But unfortunately we have our own "Agent Smiths" who constantly seek to destroy us. But if we hold to the truth and work towards living in Zion, it will all be worth it in the end.

I would love to be able to say to satan the last lines of the movie.

"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you."

Now that is the ultimate calling of a Christian. To show the world the difference between the lies of satan and the Truth of Christ.

kpjara said...

I love that ending and your ending too, Shalee! I have to remember my goal is to help others see the truth and light and not to be a 'pawn' in Satan's regime.

GiBee said...

Darn. I can't add anything profound, because ... and don't hate me ... I've never sat through the entire movie. In fact, I don't "get" the matrix.

I'm much more into romance and comedy. Sorry! Typical chic, I guess!

kpjara said...

Oh Gibee you are too too much. You're right, The Matrix was definitely NOT a chick flick...but a ton of good Christian analogy lessons, etc.

what about Failure to Launch...did you like it? I love chick flicks, but every so often I give my husband a "thrill" and PICK one of His movies just so he knows how much I love him! I've seen all but 1 of those star wars movies ...Lord be with me! There WILL be extra jewels in my crown, thank you very much!

Shalee said...

Hey now, I'm a chick and I love chic flicks/romantic comedies and I completely got the Matrix...

And Gibee and Dismantle Queen, give it another go. It really is a very cool movie.