New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Full Moon?

This morning as I was leaving my home for work, our next door neighbor (the one who hasn't spoken since we moved in...after the 'fence' incident) stopped mowing and WAVED at me. I mean a big "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!" wave.


I almost wrecked. Thankfully I didn't because I would have run him over and that would NOT be good.


I waved back and immediately asked God... "What is going on Lord! This man hasn't even glanced our way in 4 1/2 years and today he makes it very clear he is WAVING to me!" It almost scared me. It definitely unnerved me.


I began to reflect on my recent frustration and angst and how I was just on the verge...and apparently God heard my cry and wants to remind me that He is still the sovereign, loving God I remember. He is the God of miracles; big and small. He is the God that desires us to love our neighbor as ourselves.


In my defense, I haven't been 'loving myself' too well lately either...so the neighbors shouldn't expect much.

5 comments:

Tami said...

You make me wonder what's going on with you, Kim. Know that whatever it is, I've prayed for you and will continue.

It's so good to see you posting again. I've missed you.

Becky Wolfe said...

Neighbours are interesting. When we first moved here, none of our neighbours would even glance at us. The only 'friendly' one was the 'crack mom' from the drug house at the end. But she has also been the cause of getting to know the rest...cuz now we have monthly neighbourhood meetings about the drug problem on our street cuz this is a nice neighbourhood with kids on it. So, crack house is for sale *joy* and we know ALL our neighbours now because of it. Still, it surprised me that the friendliest one was her & nobody else gave us the time of day.

So, maybe you'll have a new opening with this neighbour...or maybe he was madly swatting a wasp away while looking at you. *grin*

Dawn said...

I just mentioned to DC tonight about the two ladies who refuse to look my way - can't figure out what in the world I ever did to offend them so much. It's sad. Glad your neighbor is coming around!

Take better care of yourself, my dear! Love you. I'm trusting your Sunday will be blessed of God in every way.

Shalee said...

It's amazing the way that God can get our attention. Just think how God feels when we start doing our "waves" after ignoring God for periods of time...

Maybe if you love your neighbor, you'll love yourself better. Backwards, I know, but hey, it might help!

Dawn said...

I heard you got dumped on again!

Hey, come over and see the pictures of my day trip Saturday. You'll love them, I think.