I have been honored twice (by two of my favorite no less) and even better than the sun-shiny bliss of being an 'award recipient' (and for WORDS no less...some of my favorite things), I GET to pay-it-forward. I get to pick 5 "Make Me Think" authors in this world of surreal truth, hope, encouragement and sometimes gut-wrenching honesty! Thank you Dawn and thank you GiBee for your kind words and for being one of these people for me as well!
And...without further ado, and so sorry for my delay, I've been blog-free for a few days as I pray, contemplate and consider whatsup with the "Kim and God" show.
Disclaimer: These are in NO order...as I have shared in the past; each 'read' represented on my list is there, at least in part, because of these qualities.
1. This person makes me think, sometimes beyond my comfort level...Claire Joy at Flavor of the Month. She is FAMOUS (at least to me) for not only stepping outside the 'box of religiousness', but for shredding the box and setting it on fire so that the contents can only grow! She has helped me see the narrowness with which I sometimes confine TRUTH. She has helped me grow. Thank you Sister, You ROCK! Keep on writing!
2. Tammy: whom I have had the genuine pleasure of speaking to IRL several times and I hope to actually MIRL this year some time, trust me when I say every word she shares either uplifts or helps redirect my sometimes MISdirected thoughts or words.
3. Sally at Eternal Echoes: A woman who seeks authenticity in life. She grabs hold of each opportunity to hear others and learn from them. She offers insight, poetic beauty and so much more. I never leave this place disappointed.
4. His Singer at His Unfinished Work: I just love this woman! She and I are much alike from what I read and gather about her. She is HILARIOUS first of all. She can put a positive spin on some of the ugliest stuff I can relate to. She has charm, wit, wisdom and her words are laced with love.
5. Erica at Butterfly Kisses: I came upon her blog through another blogroll or comment somewhere and she helped me find "Senior Angels" as well as the recent "Two Weeks of Sacrifice" challenge. She is another one who isn't happy settling down in complacency. She is striving, growing, learning, and teaching both her children and anyone who reads her words. Thank you Erica!
I give each person on my blogroll an honorable mention because without your words, the past year and some months would have been a really uninspired place to exist!
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).