New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Before the Rain

We were expecting a storm system to travel through the metro this morning and the news stations all reminded us to bring our umbrella, be prepared, yada, yada, yada...

The dogs were very excited this morning as they heard some high frequency something in the sky that I couldn't hear. As I opened the door to let them out I did see some of that notorious green sky, indicating a storm was indeed on the way in full force.


I got my things together and turned on the television for the girls and started my short commute to work, in hopes of missing the rain altogether.


As I pulled out of the tree-covered neighborhood and the sky was clear of obstruction, I saw the most amazing thing...the rainbow BEFORE THE RAIN!!! It was an amazing Technicolor rainbow, as clear as I've seen for many years. It got me thinking about the reminders God gives us even before our storms...like this rainbow reminder.


I thought about my own storms recently and how God has prepared me and girded me with His Word and His love and His encouragement, before I walked one foot into life's storm. He reminded me that even when I doubt His covering...He covers me. He reminded me that even when I step onto the water and begin to sink, He is there to take my hand and lead me to dry land. He reminded me that when I am being pelted by stress, worry, fear...that He is the Father of mercy and grace and love.


I quit looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow because God has reminded me that the true beauty is in the reminder...that is the Rainbow.


I hope you have a rainbow-filled day!

3 comments:

Shalee said...

"God has reminded me that the true beauty is in the reminder." That is such an simple, eloquent truth. Thanks for sharing the beauty of his reminders.

Becky said...

I have tagged you on my blog for a meme. http://maudie-mae.blogspot.com/2007/09/profile-meme.html. I find your blogs to be uplifting and enjoy reading them, though I don't often comment.

Gran said...

What a wonderful and inspiring post. He does give us reminders that are insights to the future if we only take the time to watch and listen for them.

Thank you for the reminder in your post.

I came to you by way of - They Call Me Grandma Dawn a very precious lady who is also inspiring.

Have a wonderful new week filled with love and laughter!

Angela - @thelifeandtimesofgran.blogspot.vom