New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Un-Altered At the Altar

I was reading a facebook status the other day and it had something about picking up a garment that had been altered and the person 'hoped it fit'. Immediately the Holy Spirit put a thought in my head...these clothing alterations are not much different than what Jesus did for us.

We are a mess when we approach the cross...the Altar of God. God wants this mess and His very Spirit is going to alter us in a way we never thought possible...as a matter of fact, we are altered at the altar as soon as we ask.

Sometimes these alterations don't 'feel' right. It feels like the sleeves are too tight or the buttonholes too small. But what I've found is happening is these alterations are conflicting with my flesh. What's reassuring and what I've experienced is God continues to alter and alter me until one day I will comfortably walk in His perfect version of me.

I guess in a sense...I'm in the midst of being altared!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we get altered when we actually make an attempt at loving others the way Christ has instructed us to.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul and Love your neighbor as yourself. In doing these you fulfill all the Law and the Prophets."

And Christ never specified who our neighbor would be. That is the significant part. He didn't say "Love your neighbor as long as he is loveable, or as long as he isn't Homosexual, a thief, a liar, etc, etc." He just said Love everyone as yourself.

Once we do that then two things happen. We learn first hand how much He loved us. And when we really start loving others, instead of condemning them, then they actually get a chance at seeing who Jesus really was. That's called conviction and true love triumphs.