New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

From the Desk of Methuselah

You know you work with YOUNG people when you announce that Farrah Fawcett died YOUNG at 64 years old and they reply:

“Well at 64 she was old. She lived a long life.”

“WHAT?” I said. “Sixty-Four is YOUNG. I hope to live to be in my 80’s”.

She just laughed and said: “Well, it seems old.”

She just turned 27. You think I should let her know according to her philosophy she is now basically middle aged?


In other news…Locally the news has been reporting that the recession hasn’t hit Oklahoma. I beg to differ based on this Odd-News tidbit from Yahoo:

Police: Man attacked in Okla. for bologna sandwich

OKLAHOMA CITY – A man in Oklahoma City said he was attacked for his bologna and cheese sandwich. Police say 24-year-old Roger Hamilton told them he was sitting on a bus station bench Wednesday, about to put mayonnaise on his sandwich, when another man began staring at him.

Hamilton told police that the man then punched him in the mouth and grabbed his sandwich and left.

Police said Hamilton has a swollen lip and his face was covered in blood. The police report listed the value of the sandwich at 76 cents.
Police have not found the attacker.



…and YES, I am SO happy it’s Thursday!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I saw that article about the bologna sandwich theft in our paper - or maybe it was the Denver Post. I say you have to be really desperate if you'll steal a bologna sandwich!

I had to laugh at your co-worker's view old age. But, just FYI, Farrah was 62 in February - she was 7 months older than I - not old!!