New Background

Can You Hear Me Now?

Friday, March 21, 2008

Feeling Mortal

I wonder if Jesus felt completely mortal at the moment on the cross just before he realized this was the way it would have to be done. This was the only way to ensure the salvation of a world of sinners...This was the only way I would ever know the freedom of redemption.

I am trying to imagine what it would be like. I know there have been times when I felt unjustly accused or unjustly punished, and it was always extremely frustrating and followed by a slew of thoughts and words that I felt the injustice deserved.

Yet, Jesus--perfect Jesus, didn't even succumb to the temptations or the sins I do each day. He did his Father's work and followed his Father to an earthly endpoint that seemed completely unjustified. Thank God he did!

What is the good in this GOOD Friday? For those of us who are Christians...it is the complete and total surrender of Jesus to His Father's will...leading to a cross and earthly death...leading to a trip to hell (on my behalf)...leading ultimately to a seat to the right hand of his Father...leading to a hope and an eternal future for us...for me.

Happy GOOD Friday!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so glad you're sharing your thoughts with us again - you write so well!

Have a very blessed Easter - He is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Shelly said...

Yes, i would think He did feel very mortal..As He was in human form and also because of this had "feelings"..it would seem natural to feel that way on the cross it would seem to me. Especially when He calls out to The father at the end. How much He endured and how great His love. Today i am feeling very mortal as well. Wondering why at times we have to endure sometimes what we do but remembering, in this life..there will be Dont we serve a mighty God?